Monday, June 2, 2008

Success!

Over the weekend, I made that corn and cilantro salad I talked about in my last post.


Not only was it super easy, it was super tasty too - and not particularly because of any of my own efforts, but mainly because it's an easy, no-fail recipes. All the better if you're able to use fresh ingredients as I was.









This is the dressing for the salad (see previous post for ingredients). I used fresh-squeezed lime juice and cilantro straight from the garden. This would be a great marinade for chicken, on cous cous or rice, or on a spinach salad. Was pretty too!















The only work that this recipe requires is chopping the peppers and onion. The recipe permits you to use frozen corn - super easy. I recently learned that you can simply bake corn straight in the oven, husks and all, for about 30 minutes, and then cut the corn from the cobs for delicious and easy roasted corn. It's not nearly as messy as hulling the corn and then boiling it (those white hairs come off super easy!)


Of course, the cute boy in my pics showed me that. :) So I 'baked' 4 ears for this recipe - 5 might have been better...





....but it was still pretty tasty!

No comments: